[Kolab-devel] purging events in resource calendars

Andreas Gungl a.gungl at gmx.de
Wed Nov 14 18:13:40 CET 2007

Hello,

I wonder if a functionality is planned or worked on to purge outdated events
from resource calendars. Over the time we collected ~1000 events per resource
calendar on our company Kolab installation. This significantly slowed down
the synchronization with Toltec and Kontact.

To overcome that situation I've written a small Ruby script which purges
outdated events from that calendars. We came back for about 200 events
(future events and those of the last quarter). Now syncing is pretty fast
again.

I'm not sure if my approach and the programming language fits into the Kolab
concept. However, if there is any interest in that script I would hand it
over to the Kolab developers for improvements and hopefully inclusion in an
official release.

Best regards,
Andreas
--