[Kolab-devel] Kolab 2.1 Rc1 + Horde Calendars Sync Problem !!!

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Wed Mar 28 07:59:15 CEST 2007

Hi Nissim,

thanks for your feedback.

"Nissim Penias" <nissimpenias at hotmail.com> writes:

> After a week of hard work , installing kolab 2.1 rc1 over and over again I
> now know for sure the reason why I cant see freebusy information via outlook
> and getting the "URL read error".
>
> The reason I am getting this error is that in the 2.1 rc1 + Horde
> freebusy.php generates different content then it generates by using 2.1 rc1
> without horde.
>
> It seems to be that in order to support web calendars using horde, more
> information was added to the .pfb & .xpfb files generated automatically and
> placed under /kolab/var/kolab/www/freebusy/cache/domain/user/ .
>
> In order to verify what I am saying I recompiled kolab 2.1 rc1 without the
> horde packages and outlook started to read freebusy information without any
> problem.
>

> Can you please tell me if you are aware of the problem, I don't I am telling
> you anything new.
> Can you please let all the people participating in this forum when this
> problem is going to be fixed, since web calendar integrated into kolab is a
> very important feature ?

There have been fixes to the kolab-resource-handler packages and they
might indeed influence freebusy generation. I have not yet been aware
that there might be issues with using outlook. Could you please open a
corresponding bug in the bug tracker? If I understand you correctly
the issue is, that the freebusy system always displays the extended
information, right?

> I must mention another bug I noticed when I installed kolab + horde using
> the link provided in the documentation, something that didn't happened in
> the packages that were available during Feb 18th. I found that when I type a
> username available in the system in the horde imp create message, horde
> looks automatically for the user in the ldap directory and release an error
> message "Stack overflow at line 0". I also get  this message when I try to
> do spell checking.
>
> I don't get this error message when using firefox, but I don't get nothing,
> it means that the features just don't work.

As mentioned on the wiki page the packages are still very experimental
and such issues are bound to arise. I'd be glad if you could open
another issue for this one in the Kolab bug tracker.

> can you please address these issue and provide some info?

I will certainly do that. It is currently hard to tell when the whole
Horde system will be fully working together with Kolab. Currently I am
just using users interested in the web client for some very early
testing. I know that the road is buggy so I'm happy about any feedback
since it helps improving the packages.

Currently there are still some core structures of Horde being
remodelled so actually the number of bugs is still going to rise
during the next few weeks. After that the real bug fixing will start
and I expect issues such as the ones you described to be fixed in
about two months.

Cheers,

Gunnar