[Kolab-devel] [issue1660] Install issue in Server 2.1 rc1

Paul Webb kolab-issues at intevation.de
Mon Mar 19 17:36:33 CET 2007

New submission from Paul Webb <pwebb at webbenabled.com>:

Hi all,

I think I've found a bug in the obmtool installer script for 2.1rc1. I've run it
on three different machines with the same result, and in each case, I've
downloaded the packages and installer from ftp.belnet.be.

When I download the packages and then run "sh obmtool kolab" it runs for a
minute or two and then I get the following error:

checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... mawk
checking for gcc... /usr/bin/gcc
checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler cannot
create executables
check `config.log' for details.
+ /usr/bin/make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
+ exit 2
+ exit 2
./openpkg.boot:ERROR: script returned non-null value
/tmp/obmtool.7772.tmp: 859: cannot open
/kolab/RPM/PKG/openpkg-2.5.4-2.5.4.*-*-*.sh: No such file

Looks like it's looking for a file named something like
openpkg-2.5.4-2.5.4.[some]-[number]-[here].sh and can't find it.

I tried creating a symbolic link to openpkg-2.5.4-2.5.4.sh, but then the
installer crashes at the beginning of the install, stating it can't find the
script (?).

Any ideas?
Thanks!
-Paul