[Kolab-devel] Getting postfix patch-free

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Fri Mar 16 11:13:16 CET 2007

Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at pardus.de> writes:

>> The result: I had to correct some white space problems and the patch
>> will be accepted.
>>
>> A patch free postfix will mean significant less work for myself and
>> the other package maintainers in upcoming releases. In addition it
>> will be less problematic to integrate Kolab into other distributions.
>
> Victor Duchovni provided a rewritten patch that handles a few more
> corner cases than the original Kolab patch.
>
> http://archive.netbsd.se/?ml=postfix-devel&a=2007-03&m=3321615
>
> I will check the patch once but maybe also other people interested in
> this could check that the newer patch works fine for us (Kolab).

Backported the patch to postfix-2.3.7:

http://projects.pardus.de/kolab/browser/ebuilds/mail-mta/postfix/files/postfix-2.3.7-leaf-nodes-20070315.patch

I packaged it and installed it on a server. Seems to work fine and
results in the behaviour I would expect from it. I attached the
necessary configuration changes to the corresponding merge
(https://intevation.de/roundup/kolab/merge8).

Cheers,

Gunnar