[Kolab-devel] [issue1657] Some ldap entries lead to extra commas in completion

Bernhard Herzog kolab-issues at intevation.de
Thu Mar 15 19:30:43 CET 2007

New submission from Bernhard Herzog <bh at intevation.de>:

Tested with kontact proko2 branch rev. 640300.

I have an ldap entry with the following information:

objectClass: top
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: kolabInetOrgPerson
sn: Smith
cn: Smith, Sam
mail: smith at example.com

If I do an ldap search for this entry and then add it as a contact from the
search results dialog, I get a kolab contact like this:

 <name>
  <given-name>Sam</given-name>
  <last-name>Smith</last-name>
  <full-name>Smith, Sam</full-name>
 </name>
 <email>
  <display-name>Smith, Sam</display-name>
  <smtp-address>smith at example.com</smtp-address>
 </email>

In the editing dialog for this contact, the name is shown as "Sam Smith" and the
"edit name" dialog for the name show that Sam is indeed the given name and Smith
the family name.

Now, when doing email completion in the To: field of the mail composer, This
entry is completed as:

  "Sam, Smith," <smith at example.com>

There are two commas to many.  The real name part should either be "Sam Smith"
or "Smith, Sam".

assignedto: till
messages: 9955
nosy: bh, till
priority: bug
status: unread
title: Some ldap entries lead to extra commas in completion
topic: kde client, kkc