[Kolab-devel] [issue1640] Minimum sync-interval for kontact

Bernhard Herzog kolab-issues at intevation.de
Tue Mar 6 15:20:57 CET 2007

New submission from Bernhard Herzog <bh at intevation.de>:

Synchronising a dimap account automatically with a too short interval can cause
problems if users have a lot of folders and emails, according to a customer
report.  The customer therefore would like to force a minimum check interval
length of 5 minutes.  This affects both kontact (the customer uses kdepim
proko2.1.6) and the toltec connector for outlook.

This issue is about the Kontact part of this wish.  I'll create a separate issue
for the toltec part.

For Kontact two different solutions come to mind:

  1. hardwire it into the code.  This could be a patch we apply only to our
     debian packages.

  2. Make a minimum interval length configurable with Kiosk, so that the
     customer can set it system wide.
     Or is this already configurable?  If so, how?

assignedto: till
messages: 9875
nosy: bh, till
priority: urgent
status: unread
title: Minimum sync-interval for kontact
topic: kde client, kkc