[Kolab-devel] [issue1581] Patch: working email address for shared folders and direct subfolder delivery

Jørgen H. Fjeld kolab-issues at intevation.de
Sun Jan 28 16:33:54 CET 2007

New submission from =?iso-8859-1?q?J=F8rgen_H=2E?= Fjeld <jhf at linpro.no>:

Hi.
Currently shared shared folder aliases are broken, I have made a patch
to fix this.
The end result is that shared folders just work, also with subfolder
delivery.

The fix works as follows:
* Extend sharedfolder schema to have both alias and mail attribute
* Change web-ui to populate alias with the email value entered,
  and put the actual kolab+shared... address in the mail attribute.
  Now delivery works with postfix.
* To allow subfolder delivery, I add a pcre pattern that rewrites
  so that a/shared/sub/folder at domain.org is delivered directly to
  the subfolder.
* Change the php code to give a imap c permission when "all" acl is selected
  so that a user can create subfolders.
  Yes, then the user may also delete the folder.
  A newer imap specification separates these two roles, but is not
  supperted by the kolab version of Cyrus.
* Current code uses "shared." as a prefix, however kolab uses
  unixhierarchysep, so it should be "shared/", that way "shared" becomes
  a regular folder for the user. Just as it would with 'shared.' and
  without unixhierarchysep.
* Added a default anonymous with post right to the shared folder, to
  allow email delivery directly to the folder.

I have attached a patch against cvs.

There has been some fuzz about shared folders for a while, and I think
it is a bug that it is not working correctly.

files: sharedfolders.patch
messages: 9486
nosy: jhf
status: unread
title: Patch: working email address for shared folders and direct subfolder delivery