[Kolab-devel] admins field in imap.conf contains none of ldap defined administrator, maintainer or domain maintainer

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Fri Jan 19 09:28:33 CET 2007

"Alain Spineux" <aspineux at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello
>
> When I create a domain maintainer, I'm expecting to be able to login
> as him using cyradm or sieveshell to do some administrative task for
> users.
>
> But imapd.conf admins field contains only : manager ! And nobody else
> can use cyradm or sieveshell for administrative tasks ! Only ldap can
> be managed by this user.

I might be mistaken but I believe it is not possible to restrict
access for the domain maintainer to the mailboxes of his domain within
cyradm. In that case you would give more access to the domain
maintainer than he should have.

This is different for LDAP where the access rights are tuned so that
the domain maintainer can only manage users of his domain.

Cheers,

Gunnar