[Kolab-devel] admins field in imap.conf contains none of ldap defined administrator, maintainer or domain maintainer

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 03:20:43 CET 2007

Hello

When I create a domain maintainer, I'm expecting to be able to login
as him using cyradm or sieveshell to do some administrative task for
users.

But imapd.conf admins field contains only : manager ! And nobody else
can use cyradm or sieveshell for administrative tasks ! Only ldap can
be managed by this user.

Must Kolab have this feature ?
Of course the web admin don't require this feature for now.
BUT It could be a good idea to let such administrator update the sieve
settings (out of office message) or make some cleaning into user
folder !

If so how to do it ?

Cyrus use the name of the user to know if he is a "all domain" manager
(if the name don't end with any "@domain") or restricted to a domain
(if the name end with "@domain")

For administrator and maintainer, it's easy, don't give them an uid
ending with "@mydomain.com" and just add them to the imapd.conf admins
field.
Maybe the web interface can enforce this rule on the uid !

But domain maintainer must have an uid ending in "@mydomain.com" !
this mean such a maintainer can only manage one domain and not
multiple domain like permitted today by the web interface and
implemented into LDAP

Any comment ?

--
Alain Spineux