[Kolab-devel] php patch

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Feb 22 10:08:53 CET 2007

Hi Oden,

On Friday 09 February 2007 20:50, Oden Eriksson wrote:
> fredag 09 februari 2007 20:26 skrev Richard Bos:
> > Very interesting.  It means that there are now quite a lot of native
> > distro kolab possibilities (opensuse, gentoo, clark-connect), soon
> > debian. Perhaps Mandriva will follow this as well.  The only big name
> > missing is Fedora, and perhaps ubuntu.  But the latter may follow soon
> > when debian etch is released ;)
>
> What has held us back has allways been the enourmous amount of work
> involved in making kolab fit a standard linux system such as ours. You mean
> it is now possible to package the components without any patches at all to
> suit our system, to suit a standard LSB system? Somehow I find this hard to
> believe.

a lot of progress has been made in Kolab Server.
Currently still the OpenPKG variant is the one that production use can be
supported best with. Of course it would be nice if this changes.

For advancing the whole Kolab solution having rock solid KDE Kolab Clients
in the distributions is even more important. We found that the Proko2 branch
is a lot more ready for enterprise use than even KDE turn.
Currently there will be a new "enterprise" branch started from 3.5.x
that we hope packagers will pick up.

Best,
Bernhard