[Kolab-devel] Horde Development - call for co-ordination (Was Re: Back with Kolab (Hello all))

Stephan Buys stephan at impi.org.za
Wed Feb 7 10:14:32 CET 2007

Hi All/Martin,

On Wednesday 07 February 2007 10:56, Martin Konold wrote:
> Please note that there is major work being done on our side to get a
> working webclient soon. Actually internally the kolab xml addressbook is
> already working with 10.000 entries very well. The calendar is also
> progressing well and currently a Horde developer got contracted to enhance
> some UI elements.

I get the impression that a lot of companies are working on Horde and that it
is one of the major outstanding components. We are also working on Horde...

Impi Linux can contribute both development and packaging resources to Horde.

Would it be possible to combine efforts?
- I know that Gunnar Wrobel is active with some activities
- From what I can gather Erfrakon has some developers on it
- Horde developers themselves are busy

I am sure there are other companies/individuals that also have an interest in
this work. Could I ask that we attempt to co-ordinate our activities on the
kolab-devel list?

Perhaps getting concensus on the bug-tracking, patch submission process. Also,
making sure that everyone is developing against the same CVS branch, or Horde
release...

For our part we are using:

1) Kolab 2.1 RC1
2) Additional OpenPKG dependencies (see attached obmtool.conf)
3) Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 1.0

I will be available on Freenode IRC in the #kolab channel (stephanb) if anyone
would like to chat about this.

Kind regards,
Stephan Buys