[Kolab-devel] gunnar: server/kolab-filter/filter config.php, 1.3, 1.4 kolabfilter.php, 1.2, 1.3 kolabmailboxfilter.php, 1.2, 1.3

Richard Bos ml at radoeka.nl
Fri Dec 7 14:31:20 CET 2007

Op Friday 07 December 2007 14:06:55 schreef Gunnar Wrobel:
> > +# Update instructions:
> > +# --------------------
> > +# If this file is being modified, please do the following:
> > +# - execute the command: convert_template2config_php.pl
> > +# - move the file resmgs.conf_config.php to
> > server/kolab-filter/filter/config.php
> > +#
> > +# The file server/kolab-filter/filter/config.php is a configuration
> > example +# file that is distributed with the kolab-filter module/package.
> > +# The purpose of the server/kolab-filter/filter/config.php file is to be
> > +# an example configuration file, in case the kolab-filter module/package
> > +# is distributed on it's own.
> > +
> >  KOLAB_META_END
> >  <?php
> >
> > Is it okay to apply?
>
> Yes, that is okay.

Done.

I just realized the same patch should be applied to freebusy.conf.template.in
Is it okay that I apply the same patch (with updated names though) to it?

> I thought about different solutions concerning the location of the
> conversion script again.
>
> The main issue I'm having with the current location is the fact that
> it incorrectly cross links the kolabd package with the kolab-filter
> package.
>
> This is not at all the fault of the template conversion script but
> rather a problem of the template itself. Of course the template has
> always been in kolabd.
>
> But from a packaging point of view having the configuration file for
> kolab-filter within kolabd is simply a defect.

Yes.
Same is valid for freebusy.conf.template.in

> I'd like to suggest moving both the template as well as the conversion
> script into "server/kolab-filter/filter/kolab-templates".

Sounds good.

> This way the template will be packaged together with the source
> package and any packager can decide if they wish to use this template
> or not. For a real native port the template will have to be installed
> into the corresponding /etc/kolab/templates directory.

Indeed.

> In order to move the template script variables like @sysconfdir@
> have to be converted to @@@sysconfdir@@@ and need to be added to
> kolab.conf.
> If nobody objects I'd solve the situation this way.

But now where to locate the conversion script?  Should it stay in
kolabd/templates?

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless