[Kolab-devel] Current changes in CVS (kolab-resource-handlers/kolab-webadmin)

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Thu Aug 23 12:19:27 CEST 2007

Hi!

Last week some of you might have noticed that the
kolab-resource-handlers package went away. It has been replaced with
two PEAR-libraries in php-kolab and two packages named kolab-freebusy
and kolab-filter. The intention of these changes were to make it
possible to release source packages.

I thought I'd be able to "quickly" do the same splitting of library
and web application part for kolab-webadmin too. But this turned out
to be less trivial and will still take a while.

So this is just intended to give you the news concerning the old
kolab-resource-handlers package. This is again targeted at people
maintaining native Kolab ports.

The package has been split into one standard web application package
and a php script package. Both include only a minimal number of PHP
files that should be easy to install using your favorite package
manager. The old dist_conf mechanism has been removed in favor of the
standard template based configuration mechanism for Kolab. This way it
should be possible to provide standard source packages for these tools
with the next Kolab release.

The library parts went into standard PEAR packages and it should be
easy to install them with any package manager. Since they are
providing libraries there is no configuration necessary.

Two of the problematic packages (perl-kolab, kolab-resource-handlers)
have thus been fixed for source packages and the two next targets will
be kolab-webadmin and kolabd. And as mentioned kolab-webadmin will
still take a while since I got overwhelmed by the need to reduce the
massive amounts of code duplication the current code is using.

Cheers,

Gunnar

Tel.   : +49 40 432 72335                           Bundesstrasse 29
Fax    : +49 40 432 70855                            D-20146 Hamburg