[Kolab-devel] Draft instructions for server upgrade 2.0 to 2.1

ITSEF Admin itsef-admin at itsef.com
Thu Oct 26 15:34:30 CEST 2006

On Thursday 26 October 2006 10:36, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On Thursday 26 October 2006 10:00, ITSEF Admin wrote:
> > Some initial remarks: I'm in the process of doing a migration from server
> > A with Kolab 2.0.4 to server B with Kolab 2.1 while at the same time
> > changing the domain from OLD_DOMAIN to NEW_DOMAIN.
>
> Note
> http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/doc/raw-howtos/move-rename-user.
> txt might contain hints for you then as well.

THANK YOU! Yup, that might help as well.

> Yes, please give us more! 8-)
> We need feedback!

You asked for it, so here's more:

After creating all users on the new machine using the slapcat -> edit ->
slapadd method described earlier, I noticed one annoying thing: ALL users
created that way got "rswipcda" as permissions on their INBOX - while any
user that I create using the normal way (via the webinterface) gets
"lrswipcda". This has effectively foiled my first attempts at using imapsync
for transferring mails (which is much less tedious than the method  described
in the doc above - I want to try and combine imapsync with the tips in there
to copy the annotations. In addition, imapsync copies flags...). An excerpt
from "ctl_mboxlist -d" on the new server:

[...]
NEW.DOMAIN!user.testuser6  default testuser6 at NEW.DOMAIN       lrswipcda
NEW.DOMAIN!user.REALUSER    default REALUSER at NEW.DOMAIN rswipcda
[...]

testuser6 was created via the webinterface and REALUSER via slapadd. Neither
account was worked on in any additional way (i.e. added in a client, sent
mail to or suchlike). Shouldn't both behave the same?

> So thanks, I will have to process some of your remarks fully later,
> but would not want to postpone the hint to move-rename-user.txt.

Much appreciated!

Cheerio,

Thomas