[Kolab-devel] Horde Installations

Andrew J. Kopciuch akopciuch at bddf.ca
Thu May 25 08:28:12 CEST 2006

Hi :

There have been more and more questions regarding Horde installations on the
lists recently.  It seems that people are following the instructions found :

http://www.kolab.org/webclient.html

That document has instructions for installing the CVS version of Horde.  With
the recent stable releases (With Kolab support), wouldn't it be better to
point people to install the stable release of Horde as opposed to trying your
luck with a CVS version?

I also have a shell script (with some additional files) that I wrote to fully
install Horde with Kolab.  It downloads the packages, unpacks, installs,
creates the DB, VFS, custom changes for hooks, and Kolab changes.

It works with PostgreSQL, and the system web server.  I do this for a couple
of reasons.

1.  It means I do not have to recompile anything in Kolab. (Which is nicer
from a system administration point of view).
2.  It means I do not have to run the web mail on the same server as the Kolab
server.

I have spoken with my employer and they have given me the go ahead to release
this work back to the community.  So I can do that, I'm just not sure exactly
how to go about it.  What would be the desired way to provide this to people?

Thanks,

Andy