[Kolab-devel] [issue1239] Updateemails are still send to attendees that have declined.

Bernhard Reiter kolab-issues at intevation.de
Fri May 12 18:08:36 CEST 2006

New submission from Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>:

Revision 538603

Update notices like changes or deletion of an appointment
are still send to attendees that have declined the invitation.
It is not completely clear if this is a bug.

Does "decline" mean I never want to hear about the appointment
anymore? What if it was moved to a time where I can attend?

My guess is that it is a bug, if I would want to follow
the appointment I would need keep a reference in my records
which currently mean I would need to say "tentative".

To reproduce:
Create an appointment with user a, invite user b.
Set user b to declined in the attendee dialog
or let him decline by email and register this.

Now change the appointment.
Failure: User b gets an update email.
Easy to check in the sendmail folder.

Now delete the appointment
Failrue: User b gets a deletion email.
Again. Check in the sendmailfolder.

This issue corresponds a bit to the issue about making the
sending of email adjustable in the attendee dialog.
(The issue numbers just escaped me.)

messages: 7389
nosy: bernhard, janism, till, torsten
priority: minor bug
status: unread
title: Updateemails are still send to attendees that have declined.
topic: kde client, kksa