[Kolab-devel] Compile imapd with murder (CVS)

Michael Leupold leupold at leunet.de
Wed May 3 11:10:19 CEST 2006

Am Mittwoch, 3. Mai 2006 00:21 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:
> > Could someone please give me a hint where and when to apply the
> > imapd-murder.patch?
> We never fully applied murder to Kolab Server
> and after a while refrained from doing it,
> as computing distribution and failover can be done differently.

My main interest in murder is using the aggregator. I'd like to try a setup
where each Kolab server (master and slave) is both a frontend and a backend.
The Kolab master should run the mupdate server. Clients connect to their
closest frontend (eg. in locally distributed installations).
I think this would make the setup more transparent for the user as there's no
need for "share-only" servers (eg. in toltec). You'd probably also have the
possibility to transparently move mailboxes from one server to the other
without changing the client setup.
My only problem is that I don't understand how downloads from cvs are
packaged. Else I could insert the --enable-murder somewhere manually.

Is there some documentation on how the packaging/CVS compile works?

Regards,
Michael