[Kolab-devel] Failed to retrieve user's DN: [-1] Can't contact LDAP server

gelpi@corona.it corona at gelpi.it
Wed Mar 22 18:21:08 CET 2006

Rohit Rajan wrote:

>Hi All
>
> I have configure a kolab webclient, everything went well without any
>problem and I configure the horde from the webinterface, now after doing all
>this when I again typed http://my-site-address/horde the horde login screen
>appeared and when I tried to login to with the administrator user name I
>have specified at the time of configuration login failed with the error
>"Failed to retrieve user's DN: [-1] Can't contact LDAP server"
>
>Please help!!!!
>
>Warm regards,
>
>Rohit Rajan

I bumped in the some problem. I discovered two possible reason.

1) Ldap is not fully running. To solve restart it.

2) Mysql not running.
Horde needs mysql up and configured or I cannot login.

I also notice that sometimes after changing something in kolab or horde
configuration, ldap or mysql go down without any error messages. But I
don't know the reason for this.