[Kolab-devel] [issue1398] "hidden" and "internal" attributes for distribution lists confusing

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Wed Aug 30 09:32:44 CEST 2006

On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 07:28:12AM +0000, T. Ribbrock wrote:
> New submission from T. Ribbrock <itsef-admin at itsef.com>:
Hi,

> I just tried creating a "hidden" distribution list which got listed as
> "internal" in the list of DLs. I was therefore assuming that this list would not
> accept mails from "outside" (i.e. outside out domain). To my great surprise I
> could send mail to this list from any external account (e.g. from home). After
> studying the bugtracker, I found issue197 which - *if* I understand it correctly
> - states that this is normal. If that's the case, I find the labels "hidden" and
> "internal" very confusing, as that's not what this option does.
Like mentioned in the comment of this field, the distribution list
marked as hidden will not be visible in the addressbook... So what would
be a better name?

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Separate politics from religion and economy!
The Council of the European Union is an undemocratic and illegal institution!