[Kolab-devel] [issue1340] RFC: restrict users to sending mail only to internal recipients

Thomas Arendsen Hein kolab-issues at intevation.de
Tue Aug 8 17:20:26 CEST 2006

New submission from Thomas Arendsen Hein <thomas at intevation.de>:

The following use case was requested:
- Certain users should only be allowed to send emails to local domains.
- Current setup is a 2.0 server with a single domain, for multi domain servers
we have to discuss if sending to the other configured domains should be possible.
- All this should be configurable using the web interface (it is known that
using an access file for postfix solves can be used to solve the problem)
- It would be nice to have this in the kolab server 2.1 release, even a backport
to 2.0 might be wanted.

This issue is meant to be for discussing the possibilities. Please don't start
implementing this feature yet!

Possible solutions:
We don't want to change the LDAP schema for server 2.1, so any solution
requiring this would be for server 2.2 only.
What about using a distribution list for this? This can either be queried
directly by postfix or used by kolabconf to generate an access list for postfix.
Of course the web interface is a little bit rough to add many users to a
distribution list, but this is a different topic and should be out of the scope
of this discussion.

If a distribution list is chosen, should this be translated to an LDAP attribute
in later versions of Kolab server or is this already an acceptable solution,
even if the list gets long?

I assigned this kkc issue to me, but I hope for comments and ideas from (at
least) Steffen and Martin.

assignedto: thomas
messages: 8120
nosy: bernhard, bh, martin, steffen, thomas
priority: feature
status: unread
title: RFC: restrict users to sending mail only to internal recipients
topic: kkc, kolab-2.1, server