[Kolab-devel] [issue1229] Master Openldap's Slurpd fails to start after adding slave

Michael Leupold kolab-issues at intevation.de
Sun Apr 30 11:03:01 CEST 2006

New submission from Michael Leupold <leupold at leunet.de>:

I added a slave server to a master server using the webinterface, then
bootstrapped the slave server.
On completing the procedure I got an error:
TLS Initialization failed.
on restarting the master openldap (during bootstrap on the slave).

This is related to slurpd startup and has probably to do with the fact that I'm
using a self-signed certificate. Adding
TLS_CACERT /kolab/etc/kolab/ca/cacert.pem
to /kolab/etc/kolab/ldap.conf seems to fix it. Obviously slurpd wasn't able to
evaluate the authenticity of my slapd (?).

If I can provide any additional information to help, please tell me what you
need and how I can produce that information.

messages: 7303
nosy: lemma
priority: bug
status: unread
title: Master Openldap's Slurpd fails to start after adding slave
topic: kolab-2.1