[Kolab-devel] [issue1222] Crash on signing large attachments

Torsten Irländer kolab-issues at intevation.de
Fri Apr 21 16:35:58 CEST 2006

New submission from Torsten Irländer <torsten.irlaender at intevation.de>:

Revision  526323

Kontact sometimes crashes while signing large attachments (~18MB). This error
can be reproduced but the way how to to this is a little bit ...  curious.
The crash only seems to happen on direct send. If you put the Mail into the
"Posteingang" first all works fine for me here.

To reproduce this error you will need to create some emails with large
attachments and sign them. A Dialog asking for your passphrase will pop up
after clicking on the send button. For me the composing windows stays focused
here and so it often happens that I type in my passphrase and nothing happens.
This seems to be important as the crash almost alway happens after I typed my
passphrase into the "nomansland" the first time. After you enters your
passphrase in the dialog correctly Kontact begins to sign the message and tries
to send it.

Now there might be three situations:

1. Mail is sent. Fine!

2. The sending is interrupted by an error message saying the the sending is
interrupted  by an unknown error. The error message informs me about the used
profile and suggests some possible errors. After that the mail is still in the
Postausgang.

3. Kontact crash. Its last words on the konsole are:

kmail: normalizedAddressList: "Torsten Testländer <torsten at test.hq>"
*** KMail got signal 6 (Crashing)
KCrash: Application 'kontact' crashing...
kio (KIOConnection): ERROR: Header read failed, errno=104
kio (KIOConnection): ERROR: Header has invalid size (-1)
kio_imap: IMAP4::slave_statu

After the crash the mail can be found in Posteingang. Sometimes there is an
additional Ghostmessage (completely empty mail) too.

Sorry, but I can not provide you with any additional info on this crash as no
crashmanger gets started to make some backtrace. even gdb gives me
no more information. I tried to do valgrind, but this is not easy as this error
happens  only sometime.
Will try to provide more info, but for now I want to go sure that this bug
won't be forgetten.

assignedto: till
messages: 7205
nosy: bernhard, till, torsten
priority: bug
status: unread
title: Crash on signing large attachments
topic: kde client