[Kolab-devel] Squirrelmail

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Mon Apr 10 14:58:22 CEST 2006

* T. Ribbrock <itsef_admin at itsef.com> [20060410 13:05]:
> On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 12:00:24PM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > Using Squirrelmail as Webclient for Email is fine to a point, I guess,
> > as are many IMAP4 webclients.
> > The really interesting part is the calendar and the addressbook.
> > I have not had a deep look into what squirrelmail offers,
> > but I am sceptical that all the necessary features are there
> > to make it a better webclient as Horde.
>
> For e-mail, it indeed a fine client and the feedback of our users was
> quite positive. However, the missing calendar is a big issue. There is a
> simple plugin for a calendar, but that's standalone as far as I can see.
>
> As for the addressbook: There is an LDAP plugin which I will definitely
> try.

Works fine here, though users sometimes confuse the Kolab
addressbook and squirrelmail's own, when sometimes using the web
client and sometimes the workstation client.

> The other thing I don't like about Squirrelmail (though I have no idea
> whether Horde -> Ingo would be doing any better) is that its sieve filter
> plugin is not compatible with the Kolab sieve rules, as it cannot parse
> sieve.

Kolab's sieve isn't very good at parsing other scripts, too. I think
you have to choose which is your primary sieve generator and use
that, e.g. by disabling the user settings for this in the Kolab
interface.

Thomas

Email: thomas at intevation.de
http://intevation.de/~thomas/