[Kolab-devel] cc problem in source installation of 2.0.1

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Sat Oct 15 10:54:12 CEST 2005

Am Samstag 15 Oktober 2005 02:20 schrieb Markus Heller:

Hi,

> I have just hit a problem: I didn't have any cc.

Yes, I assume it is best to implements checks and suitable error messages for
all prerequisits as listed here.

- Check for supported OS
- Check for supported OS Version
- Check for /dev/random
- Check for /dev/urandom
- Check for diskspace
- Check for uuencode, uudecode, cc (do a short testcompile!), ar, ld, as, nm,
cp
- Check for OS specific requirements e.g. on Debian gettext is required

Is anyone providing a script which provides the above mentioned tests?

- Recommend that the root user shall put the following in its .bashrc
	eval `/kolab/etc/rc --eval all env`

Doing checks is very useful. After I introduced the checks in kolab_bootstrap
the number of install problems decreased very significantly.

Regards,
-- martin

--
http://www.erfrakon.com/