AW: [Kolab-devel] Re: kolab_bootstrap -b fails on Solaris 8 Sparc

Bernhard Reiter bernhard.reiter at intevation.de
Tue Oct 4 20:58:03 CEST 2005

Hi Andrea,

Am Montag, 3. Oktober 2005 17:06 schrieb soliva at comcept.ch:
> I do not know if I can help in this case but a friend did some
> investigation of that problem and found out the following:

thanks this is of course quite helpful.

> As problematic syscalls I see:
>
> Problems in /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_bootstrap
>   ps aux

Can you replace this with "ps -elf" and try as indicated in my other email?

>   cp -pRP

Under GNU/Linux the options would mean:
         -p, --preserve
         -R, --recursive
	 -P     same as `--no-dereference'

         --no-dereference
              never follow symbolic links

IEEE Std 1003.1, 2004 Edition says:
	-P
Take actions on any symbolic link specified as a source_file operand or any
symbolic link encountered during traversal of a file hierarchy.
        -R  Copy file hierarchies.
        -p Duplicate the following characteristics of each source file
         [..]
         time of last data modification and time of last access
         user ID and group ID
         file permission bits and the S_ISUID and S_ISGID bits.

so the use seems POSIX compliant to me.

> Problems in kolab/lib/perl/vendor_perl/5.8.7/Kolab/Conf.pm
>   [root at kolab2 /kolab/lib/perl/vendor_perl/5.8.7/Kolab]# grep diff * | uniq
>   Conf.pm:        my $rc = `diff -q $cfg $oldcfg`;
>   [root at kolab2 /kolab/lib/perl/vendor_perl/5.8.7/Kolab]#

Can you replace this with what Thomas suggested?
And then try again to bootstrap?

Bernhard