[Kolab-devel] Toltec Connector

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Mon Oct 3 11:45:53 CEST 2005

Am Montag 03 Oktober 2005 06:55 schrieb Matt Douhan:

Hi,

> > trial and began playing around with the manual for the connector, I see
> > stuff about using POP3 to download mail???
>
> Yes that is true the reason for this can be found at
> www.billgatessecrets.com

Well, the real reason is a design flaw in Outlook which _requires_ the usage
of POP3 to download messages if you want to be able to process icalendar
event requests.

So simply using POP3 was the short term workaround to the problem. As soon as
the Outlook Connectors implements the handling of icalendar invitations
themself this kludgy workaound can be omitted.

Yours,
-- martin

--
http://www.erfrakon.com/