[Kolab-devel] Toltec Connector

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at mch.one.pl
Mon Oct 3 11:29:45 CEST 2005

Davison Long schrieb:
> Maybe this isn't the right list to post this to (if not please tell me what
> list is correct), but I seem to have some extreme misunderstanding of what
> the point of the Toltec connector is.
>
> I was under the impression that it was supposed to make using Outlook with
> Kolab2 somewhat like using Outlook with Exchange.  When I got the trial and
> began playing around with the manual for the connector, I see stuff about
> using POP3 to download mail???
>
> So I have a couple questions:
>
> 1)  Correct me if I am wrong, but that means you will be downloading mail
> from the Kolab server using POP3 into an Outlook folder that will then in
> turn be synchronized back to the Kolab server using IMAP through the Toltec
> connector?  This seems a bit strange to me even just for bandwidth and space
> reasons.

Normally, when you just configure Toltec connector, you are only able to
use folders like Calendar, Notes, Tasks etc.

Your mail folders (Incoming etc.) will be empty, unless you configure
email additionally.

If you configure your mail as POP3 mail, it will be stored as you
described (in folders that can be synchronized by Toltec Connector/Kolab).

If you configure your mail as IMAP mail, it will be stored in separate
IMAP folders (not touched by Toltec connector).

Correct me if I'm wrong.

--
Tomek
http://wpkg.org