[Kolab-devel] [issue987] kontact doesn't honour emails charset when loading from file

Bernhard Herzog kolab-issues at intevation.de
Mon Nov 14 12:49:50 CET 2005

New submission from Bernhard Herzog <bh at intevation.de>:

This is with kdepim 3.3+proko2.0.4:

Start with a mail that contains non-ascii chars and has
The Content-Transfer-Encoding doesn't seem to matter.  I tried both base64 and
quoted-printable.

Save this message to a file (context menu of the message in the list of
messages).  Then open it with File/Open... which opens the mail in a separate
window.  The encoding used to show the non-ascii chars is wrong.  The content is
interpreted as latin1 or maybe latin9.  The locale I use is de_DE at euro.

assignedto: till
messages: 5839
nosy: bh, till
priority: bug
status: unread
title: kontact doesn't honour emails charset when loading from file
topic: kde client