[Kolab-devel] Is there still a reason for the resource-handlers module

Richard Bos radoeka at xs4all.nl
Mon Nov 7 22:47:02 CET 2005

Op maandag 07 november 2005 22:00, schreef Martin Konold:
> BTW: How do you intend to handle the config templates. Will the be managed
> by the kolabd rpm or by the individual application rpms?
>
> (I think the later would be more correct which just shows that our cvs
> structure needs some rework)

We have not reached that point yet.  We're now battling with creating rpms,
e.g.: finding the right place for the files.

As such we encountered the following:
# rpm -qlp kolab-webadmin-0.4.0-0.kolab.2.i586.rpm
- /srv/www/htdocs/kolab/admin/user
- ...
- /usr/lib/php/admin/include
- ...

In this case you can see that the kolab php module has a strange name, being
"admin".  I would expect it to be called: "kolab".  Now is this an issue to
be worked on?  If renamed to kolab, the php files should have 'require_once
kolab:file.php' instead of 'require_once admin:file.php'.

Same is valid for the webaddress, it is now
"http://www.example.com/admin" (for kolab).   I mean I would expect kolab iso
admin, especially if there are more services running on that webserver.

For example in our rpm it is now: "https://www.example.com/kolab/admin".

PS: would a renaming, such as mentioned above, during the make be possible?
Would kolab-admin keep on working?

This is at the moment what we're working among many other things.  Such as the
the apt repository:
ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/SuSE/10.0-i386/RPMS.kolab
which originates from: ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/kolab/suse-10.0

But I agree, I prefer that the configuration of individual apps are being
handled by the distributor management tools.  But for me this is a future
thing.

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless