AW: AW: [Kolab-devel] Question about Postfix and relaying

Sönke Ebert soenke.ebert at freenet.de
Thu Mar 31 12:03:03 CEST 2005

Hi,

> Why don't you just use the "real" addresses inside? - add a user with the
> email user at myrealdomain.com, log in as this user. Sorry if I do not
> understand your reasoning for this, but i can see no reason why you would
> want to use a different email address for internal and external.
> You could also add aliases for the users, and set up their mail clients to
> use
> this email address, but then you would have this (useless?) "internal"
> address. What is the reason for this internal-only address?

Ok, I cancel my question about postfix. All done, it works to my
satisfaction now with "real" addresses.
For some reason I thought I had to use internal mail addresses within the
LAN not to interfere with any real addresses hosted by another server. But
that was wrong of course. I admit I misunderstood. I was afraid that all
mail would be delivered via the other server then but kolab is much more
"intelligent" than I expected.

Thanks a lot for your help. I think my system is pretty well set up now. So
now I can go and test the Toltec connector intensively :)

Sönke