AW: [Kolab-devel] Question about Postfix and relaying

Hamish lists at subvs.co.uk
Tue Mar 29 14:35:41 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 29 March 2005 13:31, Sönke Ebert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Hi Sönke, could you explain what you mean by local address? like
> > user at domain.local?
>
> Yes, that's what I mean, sorry for that. I don't have a real domain name
> but some addresses hosted by an ISP.
> So what I'd like to do is to have postfix using the local address within
> the LAN but using the external address from my ISP when sending outside. To
> receive messages I use fetchmail which works perfectly already.

Why don't you just use the "real" addresses inside? - add a user with the
email user at myrealdomain.com, log in as this user. Sorry if I do not
understand your reasoning for this, but i can see no reason why you would
want to use a different email address for internal and external.
You could also add aliases for the users, and set up their mail clients to use
this email address, but then you would have this (useless?) "internal"
address. What is the reason for this internal-only address?