AW: [Kolab-devel] Question about Postfix and relaying

Sönke Ebert soenke.ebert at freenet.de
Sat Mar 26 01:20:44 CET 2005

> Dunno if this the right list again but I am not sure where to post it to
instead.

> My kolab server is versions beta4, my system is FreeBSD 5.3

> All runs well so far.

> My question now is about postfix: I can send and receive emails within the
intranet via local address.

> But if I want to send a mail outside I am running into problems cause it
will be send from the local address. In the webgui I have a
smarthost/relayhost (which is the

> ISP’s host) where outgoing mails shall be send to. That works. But the
sender address is the local address so if the other smtp accepts the mail
nobody can answer to > it.

> Since I am not that familiar with postfix I don’t know where to tell it to
use another sender address if the email address I am sending to is not
within the LAN.

> Maybe it could be a good idea to provide a field for that together with
the ‘use smarthost’ field in the web-admin. (Then my question would probably
be in the right list).

> Could anyone help me with it, please?

> I think I’ve read too much about postfix cause I feel completely confused
now.

> Thanks a lot.

All right, I just found out that it would be possible with the
smtp_generic_maps option which is available in postfix-2.2 only.

http://netmirror.org/mirror/postfix.org/STANDARD_CONFIGURATION_README.html#f
antasy

Does anyone know any workaround or any other possibility?

Cheers

Sönke