[Kolab-devel] kolab2 dependencies/integration

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Tue Jun 21 22:34:10 CEST 2005

Hi Corey,

> Are those two packages (kolab-ressource-handler & kolab-webadmin  )
> strictly necessary for Kolab to run properly, or do they server some other
> purpose, such as gui for configuration that could otherwise be done via cmd
> line?

I guess most of the functionality can be achieved via the command line.
But I think they are quite useful so I will also add them as gentoo
packages.

> My favorite distro _is_ gentoo!   So this is good news,  is there any way I
> can begin helping you?

Good choice ;)

I still need to the end of the week to work on the base system. Then I
would be happy about anybody testing the ebuilds. Actually there will
also be a number of issues with integrating Kolab into Gentoo. The
bootstrap script for example will directly overwrite configuration
files. It would be nicer if it would respect the usual config protection
you have in Gentoo. I guess my first version also won't respect the
webapp-config method of installing web applications. So help would be great.

Regards,

Gunnar