[Kolab-devel] kolab2 dependencies/integration

Corey corey_s at qwest.net
Tue Jun 21 22:06:17 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 21 June 2005 12:41 pm, Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> Hi Corey,

Hello!

<snip>
> The other two kolab specific packages are two web applications which
> should easily integrate into other distributions.

Are those two packages (kolab-ressource-handler & kolab-webadmin  )
strictly necessary for Kolab to run properly, or do they server some other
purpose, such as gui for configuration that could otherwise be done via cmd
line?

> > How difficult would it be, now that Kolab2 has been released, to extract
> > only the Kolab specific changes/patches
<snip>

> I think this is now in the hands of people that desperately want Kolab
> to run on another distro to invest the time into converting the code
> instead of requesting this from the kolab core team.

This makes sense.

> I am working on a Gentoo version right now. There is an overview
> available here (http://www.gunnarwrobel.de/projects/Kolab.html). These
> are just my notes on the conversion process and they are certainly not
> complete. But maybe they help you to convert kolab to your favorite distro.

My favorite distro _is_ gentoo!   So this is good news,  is there any way I
can begin helping you?

Cheers,

Corey