[Kolab-devel] kolabd eats memory

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Jun 17 11:02:47 CEST 2005

On Thursday 16 June 2005 16:47, Maximilian Winkler wrote:
> we are running Kolab2 successfully in a production environment
> (university campus). It was working without any problems for three month
> with about 60 users (we do not use much groupware stuff, just simple
> emailing).
>
> As of June, we have about 2500 users in our ldap. Ok, we were hit by
> some ldap crashes first when we had a lot of entries to write. Ldap
> performance could be improved by indexing and tweaking the cache (as the
> Kolab team suggested).

What version of Kolab Server are you using in particular and on what
host operating system. Before Server 2.0rc3 many people saw berkely db
corruptions occasionally when writing.

> Yesterday (after 2 weeks of kolab uptime), the kolabd process consumed
> about 40 % of available RAM (which is actually 2 GB). The system started
> swapping to the hard disk, which was no fun (much RAM was needed for
> apache processes -> squirrelmail). I had to do /etc/init.d/ kolab stop
>
> Any ideas why kolabd eats so much memory?

No, can you see memory usage increasing over time before the crash?
Please also file an issue with our tracker, so we can collect all data
for analysis.

Bernhard