[Kolab-devel] [issue640] pfb triggering fails for folder withnon-ascii names

Steffen Hansen steffen at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Fri Jan 28 14:04:03 CET 2005

On Thursday 27 January 2005 18:17, Joon Radley wrote:
> Hi Bernhard,
>
> Something to check is that you are using HTML encoding of the
> non-ascii charchater. All special characters in a mailbox name must
> be encode with modified base 64 as described in the IMAP4 RFC. The
> HTML and IMAP4 encoding is different so mailbox will not be found.
>
> Joon

I dont get this modified UTF-7 encoding. It sounds simple enough
(basically base64encode any weird char and surround the base64 parts
with &...-)

Reality seems to be different though. In php, both the Net_IMAP class
and the function imap_utf7_encode() do what I describe above, but the
IMAP URL RFC (http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2192.html) has some example
code at the end that is used by kontact and looks a lot more
complicated. Those two yield wildly different encodings of course...

Any ideas?

regards
--
Steffen Hansen          |       Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
Senior Software Engineer|       http://www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se