[Kolab-devel] Webclient error: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get() ..

Stuart K Bingë omicron-list at mighty.co.za
Thu Jan 27 11:36:42 CET 2005

Hello,

On Thursday, 27 January 2005 07:44, Jon Soong wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I followed the instructions on how to install the Webclient on the webpage
> as well as on a previous post
> (http://www.intevation.de/pipermail/kolab-users/2004-December/001667.html).
>
> I am up to the part where you are meant to go to http://<servername>/horde
>
> But i receive this error: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get() in
> /kolab/var/kolab/www/horde/config/prefs.php on line 108
>
> I had a look around, and it appears that the 'get()' method might have been
> replaced by 'getParam', however I just checked things out of CVS so i don't
> understand how this could be.

You're probably missing the Horde framework, based on the following:

> On the webclient page at Kolab, it says:
>
> "You now need to install the Horde Framework (this must be run within the
> Kolab OpenPKG environment, e.g. by using the opa script):
> # cd framework
> # /kolab/bin/php install-packages.php"
>
> Can anyone tell me what this means? what is the 'opa' script? how do i use
> it to install the packages..?

The opa script is simply a shell script that causes the Kolab environment to
override the base system's environment for the current session. Here it is
(put this in your /root/.bashrc or similar shell startup file):

opa () {
        root="$1"
        if [ ! -d $root ]; then
                echo "opa:ERROR: OpenPKG root directory $root not found"
                return 1
        fi
        if [ ! -f "$root/etc/rc" ]; then
                echo "opa:ERROR: does not contain OpenPKG hierarchy"
                return 1
        fi
        eval `$root/etc/rc --eval all env`
}

After you've run this (by typing "# opa /kolab"), "which php" should
return /kolab/bin/php, meaning the "php install-packages.php" command will
install the framework into the Kolab hierarchy instead of your base systems'.

At the end of this exercise you need to have a "/kolab/lib/php/Horde"
directory with a whole bunch of .php scripts in it. Note that there would
already be these same scripts in this directory for use by the Kolab
Free/Busy viewer, but these existing scripts are a lot older than the ones
needed by the webclient, and as such need to be overwritten.

HTH.

--
Stuart K Bingë