[Kolab-devel] Re: Kolab-major-app-patches wiki status page

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Thu Jan 27 07:39:51 CET 2005

* Richard Bos <radoeka at xs4all.nl> [20050126 22:02]:
> In the last days I have collected some information, about the status of
> patches that have applied to some major applications that are requires by
> kolab.  It might be good to share the result with you, the page is available
> via the wiki:  http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab-major-app-patches

Thanks for the help.

> It would be great if the patches were given renewed attention to get them
> integrated in their vanilla projects.  It would make life easier for linux
> distributor to integrate kolab in their product.

Yes, this is very important. There already was an effort to
coordinate this via the issue tracker, though it wasn't used very
much.

In the navigation on https://intevation.de/roundup/kolab/ there are
two boxes: Merges and Upstream list. I already added the upstreams
from your wiki page. Maybe you want to add the information from the
wiki to the merge tracker, so a history of progress made with
merging can be kept.

You need to have a roundup account with 'User' privileges to create
or edit merges, therefore I updated your account from 'Provisional
User' (what you automatically get when registering). If there is
demand, we can drop this restriction. It was only intended to not
confuse new users with two 'Create New' links in the tracker.

> At the moment I'm not sure about the correct status of the ldap and group2
> patch.  I don't think they have been submitted upstream at all.

Someone who is sure can set the status in the tracker to an
appropriate value, just leave it blank for now.

> Secondly I'm
> not sure that the contact for the group2 patch is Thomas Lotterer.

Just assign the corresponding merge entry to 'thl', since Ralf S.
Engelschall has no account in the tracker.

Thank you again for the work, maybe this will help getting some
patches off the ground.

Thomas

Email: thomas at intevation.de
http://intevation.de/~thomas/