[Kolab-devel] kolab 2.1 snapshots error: spamd

Bernhard Herzog bh at intevation.de
Wed Dec 7 16:41:20 CET 2005

Fabio Pietrosanti <lists at pietrosanti.it> writes:

> Differencies between 2.0 and 2.1 snapshots of spamd:
> 1835,1836c1835,1836
> <   # Now we can redirect the errors, too.
> <   open STDERR, '>&STDOUt: $!\n";
> ---
>>   # Now we can redirect the errors, too.
>>   open STDERR, '>&STDOUT' or die "Can't duplicate stdout: $!\n";

Which spamd RPM do you use exactly?  In both installations I checked,
one Kolab server 2.0.1 and one the most recent 2.1 snapshot the lines in
question are the same, with correct quotes:

  # Now we can redirect the errors, too.
  open STDERR, '>&STDOUT' or die "Can't duplicate stdout: $!\n";

> It seems an typo error because looking with vim the file i see:
>
>   # Now we can redirect the
>   open STDERR, '>&STDOUt: $!\n";

It seems the file got corrupted for some reason.  There seem to be 32
NUL-bytes in there, for instance, which is also exactly the number of
bytes that seem to have been removed in the second line.

   Bernhard

--
Intevation GmbH                                 http://intevation.de/
Skencil                                           http://skencil.org/