[Kolab-devel] Handheld devices and Kolab

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Apr 5 21:59:21 CEST 2005

Hi Matt,

thanks for the report.
I also expect the problem of how connection with mobile
devices to become another challenge for the Kolab development
in the future.

On Tuesday 05 April 2005 19:10, Matt Douhan wrote:
> Just a quick note to let you guys know that we had a customer that required
> IPAQ's to sync with kolab in a mixed client environment, and it causes some
> weird and wonderful issues and solutions but it can be done and it does
> work nicely.
>
> for OL users using the connector does the job nicely, and all one has to do
> is install activesync and enjoy.
>
> for Kontact users on the other hand life is not so simple, one needs a
> converter from Kolab XML -> OL format, and we solved this by using a
> terminal server with activesync,

I take it the IPAQ does not speak any known sync protocol?
Then using microsoft's software here is the way to go, I guess.
There is Kpilot and Kitchensync with KDE, did you check out
if there is any format that IPAQ could grok that those applications speak?

Bernhard