[Kolab-devel] FB and resource accounts

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Sep 28 12:00:58 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 28 September 2004 08:53, Matt Douhan wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 September 2004 00.59, Steffen Hansen wrote:
> > Yes! That is handled on the server by resmgr and freebusy scripts from
> > the kolab-resourcehandlers package. Resmgr is a script called by
> > postfix to handle ical mails to resources/groups and freebusy is run by
> > apache.

> So when creating a resource acocunt, these things are put into action
> automatically?
>
> It is not something I need to enable somewhere?, so if I create
> resourceacct1 at kontact.fruitsalad.org  and send an meeting invitation to
> that resource acct it will know how to handle that since I made it a
> resource account?

You need to select a resource handling action in the webinterface,
but that should be it.

> Will I also be able to view the calendar of this resource account? so see
> how the meetings are scheduled/car booked out to get an easy overview?

The calender is a folder. When you want other people to see it, you need
to log in with a client as resource and change the permissions so others can see it.
Another method would be to use the freebusy HTML view
https://kolab.server/fbview
or look at the freebusy view when making the event and inviting a resource.