[Kolab-devel] kontact <-> creating standard-imapfolders problem

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Sep 17 12:34:33 CEST 2004

On Friday 10 September 2004 16:23, Jochem Ippers wrote:

> I'm using the current kolab2-debian-build

Okay, that is the Kolab2 Server. What version?

> and kontact (kde 3.3).

You need to get the proko2 branch to make
it the full Kolab2 KDE client.

Check the following for instructions how to check this out:
http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/doc/kde-client/cvs-instructions/

> I want to
> use the groupware/imap-functionality, i've imported/installed the
> ca-+server-cert on the client. When I use the configuration with the whole
> e-mail address pan at ika.rwth-aachen.de as the login-name for smtp/imap i
> cannot use the groupware-functionality, kontact tries to create the
> different standard-imapfolders, but it fails saying:
>
> newimap://pan%40ika.rwth-aachen.de@b009.ika.rwth-aachen.de:143/Kalender
>
> so i changed the login-name to just pan: with this the different
> standard-imapfolders are created, but of course now the authentication
> fails. Maybe someone knows a solution to this.

Because the KDE Kolab2 client is in heavy development
we need more information about the version you have been using.
(e.g. cvs checkout date).
Bernhard