[Kolab-devel] Bug or feature?

Matt Douhan matt at fruitsalad.org
Mon Sep 6 21:43:46 CEST 2004

During the attemtps to add the relay support I ran across the problem that
when you pass an empty string to the ldap server it fails with a "LDAP error,
cannot modify kolab object" error, I thought this was me doing something
wrong and Steffen added some insight as to why it is happening.

I noted the same error also happens if you try and delete 127.0.0.0/8 from the
Privilieged networks configuration textbox.

I am not sure if this is a bug or a feature,

Not being able to send an empty string to the priv networks can be considered
good since it would render the server useless. but at the same time it may
not be the type of error handling intended.

Worth logging in the bug tracker?

rgds

Matt