[Kolab-devel] Solution for issue 343

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Sep 6 12:50:12 CEST 2004

On Monday 06 September 2004 08:12, Matt Douhan wrote:

> I have created a solution for issue 343, based on the amount of FAQ's on
> for example the postfix homepage, and others about how to use postfix/exim
> whatever as a frontend for a groupware server it seems to me that it is a
> very common configuration to use smarthosts in order not to publicly make
> your groupware server available.

If you like you could add the patches to the issue tracker,
so they are easier to find.

> On another note, one of the frequent questions on this list is the
> allowance for kolab to accept emails for multiple domains, and multidomain
> support,

Multidomain support is not easy because somebody would need to separate
the domains to make it really useful. This is not a feature for Proko2
and because of the estimated work needed, I do not believe it will
make it for Kolab2 even if somebody steps ups to put the work in.

> I am thinking maybe one should split the service page into two
> parts, "general" and "advanced" and allow the more advanced options on that
> page in order not to bloat the GUI.

That is a different question from the multidomain support I'd say.
Given that this page is not visited that often, I personally still prefer
one page.