[Kolab-devel] Solution for issue 343

Matt Douhan matt at fruitsalad.org
Mon Sep 6 08:12:42 CEST 2004

Hello

I have created a solution for issue 343, based on the amount of FAQ's on for
example the postfix homepage, and others about how to use postfix/exim
whatever as a frontend for a groupware server it seems to me that it is a
very common configuration to use smarthosts in order not to publicly make
your groupware server available.

Also in my own expereince it can be a good choice to to use this method to
further protect your groupware server.

The followings patches is a start down that path.

On another note, one of the frequent questions on this list is the allowance
for kolab to accept emails for multiple domains, and multidomain support, I
am thinking maybe one should split the service page into two parts, "general"
and "advanced" and allow the more advanced options on that page in order not
to bloat the GUI.

Any comments on the oatches and the thoughts on the advanced page?

rgds

Matt