[Kolab-devel] HEADS UP FreeBSD clientside

Matt Douhan matt at fruitsalad.org
Fri Oct 22 21:09:33 CEST 2004

Hello

Yesterday Steffen and Till helped me debug  a kolab server problem where imapd
would die as soon as a client synched using IMAP and SSL on port 993.

After a lot of testing this turned out to be a client problem, the cyrus-sasl
port on FBSD was the cause of the problem, after deinstalling that, the
problems goes away right away.

I am not skilled enough to continue to debug this issue, but it is totally
repeatable if someone wants to have a stab at it.

In the mean time, people who use FreeBSD must be adviced not to use the
cyrus-sasl port, this goes for any version of FBSD as a kolab client.

I have been using ti a long time without it so I am not really sure what it
adds either, I can use IMAP SSL without it.

--
Matt Douhan
http://www.fruitsalad.org