[Kolab-devel] rejected mail with the following error: "does not match envelope"

Steffen Hansen steffen at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Fri Nov 19 03:04:04 CET 2004

On Friday 12 November 2004 15:31, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On Thursday 11 November 2004 10:31, Peter Berry wrote:
> > I updated my Kolab2 install with the lastest packages and I am now
> > getting the following error for alot of legitimate incoming mail:
>
> I am just thinking about this.
> Are there reasons to define exceptions for incoming hosts?
>
> Steffen: Do we do this check on all incoming email, even when from
> trusted hosts?
> (Just curious.)

Yes. I don't really have access to any information besides what is in
the mail. And I can't set up two different smtpds where one listens to
the localhost interface and the other one to the public one -- because
we always receive mail for the filtering smtpd from localhost. The
reason is that we do our own filtering _after_ the virus filter, and
that is always local.

Suggestions are welcome of course

regards
--
Steffen Hansen          |       Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
Senior Software Engineer|       http://www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se