[Kolab-devel] [Proposal] New CVS Structure (again)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue May 18 11:32:33 CEST 2004

On Saturday 15 May 2004 01:03, Steffen Hansen wrote:
> On Friday 14 May 2004 22:22, Stuart Bingë wrote:
> > After thinking about this problem for a while, I've come to the
> > conclusion that perhaps it would be best to just forget about the
> > whole reorganisation issue.
>
> If you think that is the best idea, then so be it.
>
> But please don't just give up on the issue because we/I have trouble
> getting it to work. If you still genuinly think that restructuring is
> better for the project, we should still do it! Also I don't want
> anybody to feel bad about this issue in any way, we will sort it out
> somehow I am sure.

Unfortunately I was away until today, so I could not comment
on the proposal. I believe that we should make the structure cleaner
if we at all can.

It is a bit difficult for me to understand all implications
coming from the details of server development,
but I have good understanding of other needs of the project,
that is why I will probably scrunity check any proposal.
(As everybody know the Kolab CVS is not only the place
for the server implementation, but also for the concept and other information
like the webpages.)

> > Whoever is in charge of the repository may as well remove the
> > 'devel', 'releng' and 'utils' directories.
>
> Please don't delete anything before we have merged any valuable code
> from those modules.

Full access to the repository on a file basis have myself
and Thomas (Arendsen Hein).