[Kolab-devel] CVS - New Modules and Tools (releng, devel, utils)

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Mon May 3 22:44:53 CEST 2004

Am Monday 03 May 2004 10:37 pm schrieb Thomas Lotterer:

Hi Thomas,

> devtool.func and run that generated script. Strong rpm feeling, simple
> and powerful. It's up to the project organization to create the
> %scriptlets and adopt them to their environment. My recommendations and
> experience from other projects are:

What is the advantage of %scriptlets compared to the old Makefile approach?

> The hack was included into OpenPKG with a FreeBSD port of the Linux'ish
> getgrent() added, http://cvs.openpkg.org/chngview?cn=12796 The
> interesing thing is that I have never seen a situation where Kolab
> actually requires this hack. I believe the whole stuff stays dormant
> within Kolab.

With Kolab 1.0 it was introduced as a preparation for the to be introduced
(Kolab 2.0) group acls features etc. and also in order to avoid a dependency
to /etc/groups outside of the /kolab (aka OpenPKG hierarchy).

Yours,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de