[Kolab-devel] Installer and OpenPKG

Joon Radley joon at radleys.co.za
Fri Mar 12 12:13:58 CET 2004

Hi Bernard,

> > installer addressing these issues, but not more. Am I correct?
>
> Many people asked about the use of OpenPGK.
> I believe it was a good decision to use OpenPGK, as it is
> quite suitable for the server installations Kolab Server is
> targetting. Unfortunately many people had problems with
> Kolab's installation and blamed it on OpenPKG, because they
> did not know OpenPKG and assumed it was the cause.
> As we improve the installations instructions and the OpenPGK
> packages, those problems would be gone.
>
> We probably need a good text
> so people can understand why we use OpenPGK on the webpage.
>
> I've tried starting one.
> Attached my draft, based on the SGML version we had. It is
> not completed yet, but I wanted to give you a rough outline.

I think there is some confusion about the use of anaconda. Anaconda will be
used to install Fedora and the OpenPKG for Kolab. Anaconda is not a
replacement for OpenPKG. It is a OS installer.

I think that using OpenPKG was one of the best decisions of the project.

Regards

Joon Radley
Radley Network Technologies CC
Cell: +27 (0)83 368 8557